MY WEIGHT LOSS PROGRESS

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Yea! Thats the way you do it! And half marathon (June 5, 2009)

Friday, June 05, 2009 Yippee! I lost two pounds this week. I guess the weight gain might have been fluid. I did not eat pizza last night and that helped I am sure. I have a 5K tomorrow. I was running on my treadmill the other night and something happened to my foot. It is hurting a little bit. Not all the time just sometimes when I walk. I hope it doesn't hurt tomorrow during the race. I don't know what the problem is. I soaked it this morning and it felt a little better. I ran down the hall at work just to see how it felt and it did not hurt but that was on carpet. Oh well. We'll see how it goes. I have signed up for training for a half marathon. My friend talked me into it. It will be in Memphis in December. I think I have lost my mind! We will see how the training goes. I feel like I can do it and I want to do it but something keeps telling me I can't. That old negative thinking pattern I guess. But I am going to give it a try. I would love to weigh less before the marathon but if I lose one pound a week, that will be only 20 or so pounds before December. I know that the more weight I lose, the better my running will be. And whether or not I run, I still need to lose the weight. I started out wanting to lose an even 100 pounds. As of today I have lost 43. Not bad!! But I so self conscious about my size. I am trying to not let that bother me. When I would attempt to run years ago, I was so scared of people seeing me and thinking - look at that fat girl run ha ha! (like I could see what they were thinking anyway!) But I am gradually getting up the courage to not care what anyone thinks. Besides they are probably just jealous anyway! Having Linda to run with helps me so much. She is a great encouragement. I would never attempt this HM without her! I will let you know how we do in the 5K tomorrow. It rained here last night and it was cool this morning, so maybe it will be cool in the am and not burning up. It gets real, real hot and humid here in Mississippi. Haven't run in the heat before either. Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment