MY WEIGHT LOSS PROGRESS

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Thursday, December 17, 2009

First Training Run Over and Done! (February 21, 2009)

Well, I did it. Or at least I think I did....I lost track of my laps and when I thought I had one more lap to go, everyone else was finished so I let pride get the best of me and I stopped then too. I didn't take a watch so I had a problem with counting because we were supposed to do 1 minute walk/1minute run. So I used the week 1 of the C25K so I did 60 seconds of running and 90 seconds of walking. We did what is called a "magic mile" and my time was 14.23. I was the last one in the pack the whole time and that bothered me a lot. I had to keep telling myself, "it's okay, I am not here for them or to compete, I am here to learn and do it for me!" I think my time would have been better but I did not run 1/walk 1 for lack of a watch. But at the end I let pride get the best of me...I am not sure, but I think I had one more lap to go and everyone else was finished so I stopped too. I really lost count of my laps. The track was 1/3 mile. I am going to have to figure out a way to keep up with my laps. But I don't think we will be running on a track every time. But I feel good. I have gone farther than I thought I ever would. Just showing up is a big accomplishment for me...a former couch potato that would rather sit in front of the tv with a pizza and chocolate ice cream. And I know I will only get better. After all is said and done for this first day of training...I am proud of myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment