MY WEIGHT LOSS PROGRESS

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Finished my 5K standing up! (April 14, 2009)

My first 5K went well. It was kind of a tangled mess but the "young" girl putting on this race had only done it one time before. I had fun though. I came in last I believe but that doesn't bother. It did bother me some when the walkers started passing me, ha ha! Me and one walker were neck and neck. She would pass me and I would pass her, back and forth, back and forth. :) But the whole point of this is................... I DID IT! Yes mam!!! I DID IT! I am no longer a couch potato! My husband did attend and he even walked in the race and he was last among the walkers. I was disappointed because some of the walkers were running and I did not think that was allowed and certainly that is not fair to those who really walk the whole thing. And at the end some people got first place for walking and running. How that happened I will never know. But it was a good experience for me. I felt a little embarrassed to be last but I hung in there. It was really harder than I thought but at no point did I want to give up. And I would do it again and plan too ASAP.

No comments:

Post a Comment