MY WEIGHT LOSS PROGRESS

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Daily Devotions for Dieters (March 19, 2008)

Wednesday, March 19, 2008 March 9 Psalm 138:7 Thought I walk in the midst of trouble, thou wilt revive me: thou shalt stretch forth thine hand against the wrath of mine enemies, and thy right hand shall save me. I went through a terrible time when I first started dieting. Every once in awhile, I would get light-headed and my knees would buckle. It was not only embarrassing, but a bit frightening. When I spoke to the doctor about it, he told me it was just my mind playing tricks on me. He said my stomach was 'mad at me' for taking away its extra food. I didn't need as much food, but psychologically, I wanted it. I left the doctor and went out to my car to pray. Whenever I felt the light-headedness start to creep in, I asked the Lord to revive me, and He did! Today's thought: God is all the pick-me-up I need! Spring's a Great Time to Launch an Exercise Program With the arrival of spring's warmer weather, you may be eager to shake off that winter lethargy by starting an exercise program that includes running or walking. However, if you've been fairly inactive during the winter, you need to ease into your spring exercise routine, advises Duke University Medical Center. Your first step should be to your doctor's office. That's especially important if you haven't been active for a long while or if you haven't had a recent medical checkup. That way, your doctor can identify any potential problems or concerns before you start putting your body through its paces. Identify your goals and preferences. Are you trying to shed 10 or 15 pounds? Is your goal to complete a 5K or 10K run? Or do you simply want to develop a healthy lifestyle habit? Knowing and setting clear goals helps you decide whether you should adopt a moderate or more challenging exercise program. You should also choose an exercise or activity that you enjoy. Whether it's bicycling, swimming, in-line skating or dancing, you'll be more likely to stick with it if you like doing it. Even if you can only fit in five or 10 minutes of exercise several times a day, you'll achieve significant health benefits. For example, walk to work or park your car a good distance from the office door. Also, put your trash can as far from your desk as possible, so you'll have to get up and walk to it every time you want to throw out something. And use a cordless phone and walk around the office while you talk. At home, remember that house chores such as vacuuming or floor mopping will get you body moving. And get rid of the remote control and walk from your sofa to the TV to change channels.

No comments:

Post a Comment