MY WEIGHT LOSS PROGRESS

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Exercised this morning. Yea me! (May 18, 2009)

Monday, May 18, 2009 I can't believe it! I got up this morning and ran! Wow! First time in a few weeks. I can't seem to find time to get in my exercise in the pm so I am desperately trying to do it in the morning time. But it is so hard to get up early. But today I did it! What have I done today to make me feel proud???? You guessed it - I got up this am and ran! Since the end of the 10K training I have been extremely lazy. And I love the way running makes me feel. You would think I would have no trouble getting up to do it! But I enjoy running with someone and my friend I was running with is so much faster than me. She is going to train for a half marathon. I might join the training but it is doubtful I will do the half marathon. But I want to do the training because that way I will have someone to run with. Yesterday I talked with a friend from church who just started the C25K and she is interested in running with me. She says she is slow. I hope so, because I know I am. I gave her my book, No Need For Speed by John Bingham and she finished it in one night! Now I am going to give her my Jeff Galloway book to read and she is planning to run the next 5K with me. I am so excited! I guess that is what motivated me to get up this morning. My little dog, Lillie Bell, went with me and she had a great time too! I am still having a struggle with my running. I can only run a few minutes without having to walk. But I don't want to push myself too hard. I am still very much overweight and I know when I lose more weight I will get better and faster. Right now I can do a 5K in around 45 minutes. Maybe I can better my time in this next 5K. I would like to run everyday but am trying not to overdo it. In the book No Need for Speed, he says that the one thing that beginners do, is do too much at the beginning. I am trying so hard not to do that. I want to be faster and I want to be able to run 30 minutes without having to walk much. But I also realize that just being out there is a miracle for me. I shouldn't get greedy! ha! I guess I will let tomorrow be my rest day, like I am supposed to. And I am planning on going to bed early tonight. Getting up at 5:30 would be so much easier if I would get in bed at a decent hour the night before. The next 5K is June 6 and I plan on running that one. It is a walk and a run but I want to run this one. And my friend Linda is going to do it with me. Sounds like fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment