MY WEIGHT LOSS PROGRESS

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Race Report (July 5, 2009)

Sunday, July 05, 2009

UPDATE ** I should have waited on the "official" results. My time was even better according to the website - 43:30. Yeah, go me! UPDATE **

My 5K on July 4th went pretty well. My time was awful! But I did finish and I felt good when I finished. This race had a few rolling hills in it and they slowed me down tremendously. The heat wasn't too bad. The route included a small park so we had trees which provided a little shade on part of the run. But the hills were the hardest part for me. My husband was at the finish line and I got a high five from him, incidentally, July 4th was our 17th wedding anniversary too so I am grateful that he came with me to experience this. I did fine all the rest of the day. We came home and I went to the bathroom and Ouch! ! ! !! the pain, the pain (no, not "the plane, the plane") but the Pain, the PAIN. So, my husband and I spent most of last night in the ER. I wanted to try and wait till Monday to see a doctor but I could not. I am a wimp when it comes to pain and I could not stand it any longer. I knew instantly what is was because I have had them before. At any rate, I am better today. I have sat around the house watching the "man-hater" channel, (BTW-I told my husband that and he said he is not coming home! ha ha. ) I could not even make it to church this morning.

I am debating on whether or not I will do a race in August. I wanted to do one once a month but the heat is horrible here. Maybe I should just be focusing on my first half marathon that is in December for now. I'm not sure my son is going to do it with me, I hope so but if not, that, is okay too. It would be a memorial event to have him beside me, (if he doesn't run off and leave me) but to have him waiting at the finish line cheering me on would be okay too. I am amazed when I think back on where I was not too many months ago. To know that I can run three miles and am planning on running 13.1 is an awesome thing. I thank God for what he has done in my life. Life is truly good today!!

No comments:

Post a Comment