MY WEIGHT LOSS PROGRESS

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Good group run (August 24, 2009)

Monday, August 24, 2009 Ran 5 miles with the group this past Sat. I really enjoy that group run....even though I am always on the tail end of it! But that is okay. It is not about speed, it is about endurance. I have to keep reminding myself that. I sometimes want to improve my PR but then I remember that I am an adult onset athlete and I can only do what I can do. And for me - just crossing the finishing line standing up and with a smile of accomplishment on my face is good enough for me. I don't know that I will every be able to speed up but I am content being a penguin (thanks John). On the group runs I have been running alone because everyone is faster than me so this past Sat I brought my ipod for company and guess what - a friend showed up that ran with me. She is kind of slow too but on purpose because she has arthritis and was just released by her doctor to run. So I did not have to use my ipod. I enjoyed wonderful conversation that makes the miles go by so much faster. She had never run 5 miles before and she did awesome! I am excited about getting into the 7-13 miles. The most I have run is 6 miles. I am curious how I will feel after running that much. It sounds like an impossibility but just a few months ago 5 miles sounded like an impossibility too and look at me now!! My son said he and his wife have officially signed up for the half marathon as well. I am so excited. That will be so much fun. To run beside them or have them waiting at the finish line for me - either way will be great! Well, that is all for today folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment