MY WEIGHT LOSS PROGRESS

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Sore Feet and Hurting Knee (April 21, 2009)

Tuesday, April 21, 2009 I think I am going to have to rethink my running schedule. I am having a major problem with my foot on the right and my knee on the left! My husband says I should just walk. I know I have arthritis in my feet and knees so that is probably the problem. But a workout on two consecutive days is probably not a good idea either. I did an aerobics class yesterday evening and then got up this morning and went to the Y and did 30 minutes on the elliptical and 30 minutes on the treadmill. I don't want to overdo it and I have a tendency to do that. I seem to be an "all or nothing" kind of gal. That mentality needs to go out the window when it comes to my health. I have eaten too much or nothing at all; I have worked out too much or not at all, etc. etc. At any rate, time will tell I suppose. Where, oh where, is my happy medium? Did I tell you I was in training for the 10K coming up? I am not going to do that race. I have enjoyed the training but I feel like the 10K is a little much considering I have just started running. A group of women at work are participating in the 5K walk on the same day so I am going to do that instead. I have to keep telling myself that as long as I am moving...I am doing something. I don't want to fall back into my couch potato ways again. And boy! Is that easy to do! But I will probably continue with the 5K races. Once I feel pretty confident about those, I can move on to the 10K if I choose to. We are doing a "weigh down" here at work for six weeks. The one who loses the most wins the pot! I lost two pounds last week. Maybe a pound this week, the way it looks so far. I told myself...I can do ANYTHING for six weeks. My friend who couldn't seem to budge a pound suddenly loses 3 pounds the first week of the weigh down...no fair! ha ha. But at least we are moving in the right direction and I know that this is a lifestyle change and not just a "diet" so this will just be another "kick start" for me. Hopefully soon I will be in ONEderland!!! And to think - I was in ONEderland last year. It gets frustrating to keep losing the same weight over and over so I am trying to keep it ALL off this time and of course keep losing till I hit my goal. After looking back over the last few years I see where I lost over 50 pounds one year, then only 6 the next and then 9 or so plus gained some of it back. I guess I got complacent, but this year is MY YEAR. I will do it this year! I have confidence in myself. I need and want to be healthy! I quit using drugs, quit smoking, and now I need to get my eating under control. If only I could "quit" eating but it doesn't work like that. We have to have food! But all in all, I have kept off 30 pounds give or take a few and for that I am blessed and grateful! And I am proud to say, I am a runner! I may not run long or fast but I run. And not so long ago that was just a dream. The more I think about, "I can do all things through Christ", the more I realize - that is a very true statement. I am clean, sober, on my way to being healthy, having repaired the damage I caused from my past behaviors and having no grudge against anyone or anything. What a joy to be on this earth and to hopefully be of service to my fellow man (or women as the case may be)! ~ God is good - all the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment