MY WEIGHT LOSS PROGRESS

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Finally - got out and ran!


I finally made it out the door. My body tried so hard to talk me out of it. I left work at 4 and went home with full intentions of running with Lillie. When I got home it felt so warm inside the house and all I could think of was sitting in a warm house with my husband and my Lillie and drinking some hot chocolate. But I realized that I had been doing that for quite some time - talking myself out of running - but not today! I told myself that I would only run for a mile or two. And I did a little over 1.5 miles. It was getting dark and I did not want to be out there after dark. Poor Lillie has to take probably 1000 steps to my one so she was tired too. But she's a trooper! I bought a belt that you use to carry things when you run and I was able to hook Lillie's lease to that and run without having to hold the lease in my hand. That was more comfortable for me.


It was cold at first but it did not take long for me to warm up. I decided I would not push it since I had not ran in a couple of weeks. I felt really good, which is always the case. I just can't find find time to do it everyday. I seem to have this all-or-nothing mentality that I am trying to get beyond. And my hubby doesn't help much. When I came in he said, 'that was a short run, get on back out there!' I felt disappointed for a brief moment but told myself not to listen to him. I ran, which is more than HE did - even if it was only a 1.5 miles. I keep thinking I need to rack up the miles and when I think about doing that my mind says I can't. So if I can't get "mega miles" each day or week I tend to not do any. I am going to stop that kind of thinking. I must remember that a year ago I was 40 pounds heavier, had never run in my life, and was a constant couch potato! So - any movement for me today is an accomplishment!

I just need to get a handle on my eating. I still have 40+ more pounds to go. I know I would be a faster runner if I could lose more weight and I need to work on that as well. I have done good with the running but the eating is a different story! That definitely needs work!

I was going to run again today but I have to do something for my husband when I get off but maybe I will have time for the treadmill. It seems like everytime I get a good dose of "get up and go" something gets in the way. That's life I suppose. I said I was going to put my running first but that hasn't happened yet. But I do have a 5 miler scheduled for this Sat with a running friend. Yea!

MAKE it a great day friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment