MY WEIGHT LOSS PROGRESS

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Thursday, December 17, 2009

OMG! Run the levee?? You bet I did! (March 11, 2009)

Our run last Sat. was 4.5 miles and it was up and down the levee. Good night! What a time I had. It was not as hard as I thought but the hills were aweful. Every time coming up the levee I would say, "I can't do this" but I kept going. I think I brought up the rear but that is okay. At least I FINISHED! Today I tried my C25K W4D2 and absolutely could not do!! I could not run those five minutes. I was outside on the track. It was sprinkling and the wind was blowing aweful. Almost blew me off the track. Didn't want to go inside because I need to train more outside and not on the treadmill. There is a big difference between the two I found out! !! But I did run/walk 3 miles in 47 minutes and walked the last mile for a total of 4 miles. So I feel proud. I am deciding what to do next. Maybe I should go back to week three and start that over. I was thinking about entering a 5K on April 4th but not so sure. I think I can do it and I have a friend who wants to do it with me but she is a lot faster than I am! I definitely WANT to do it but I am kind of scared at the same time. I don't want to mess up or not finish. I guess I need to do what I have heard before - sign up and then you will have a goal to work for. But April is so close and I have only been "running" or "waddling" you might call it ,for about a month or so. I had been walking off and on since for the past year or so but not making a routine of it, just hit and miss. But I felt so proud this morning when I finished. My left brain was telling me - it's going to rain, it's too cold, it's too windy and everything in between, but I refused to stop. So all in all, I had a good day. I just hate that I could not do the C25K but I will focus on the positive and not the negative - I may have not done the W4D2 but I DID walk/run 3 miles and cooled down with another mile of walking. I have been checking the web to see the times of women who have ran a 5K. I think my time needs to be 30 minutes so that is what I am striving for eventually. Right now I am doing about a 15 minute mile. When I look back at where I was a few years ago I can only smile and praise God. I never, never, ever thought I would be doing what I am doing now. It feels so good to be a "runner" and not a couch potato. Today my life is not about laziness, junk food, fast food, alcohol, or drugs. Today I am clean, sober and I am working towards a healthier lifestyle. I feel good!

No comments:

Post a Comment