MY WEIGHT LOSS PROGRESS

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Thursday, December 17, 2009

It's 5K Time! (April 3, 2009)

Should I start with how scared I am or how excited I am??? I can't wait to do this and then on the other hand....I am getting butterflies in my stomach. I am a little disappointed that my husband is not coming. He knew I had this planned and he planned 3 other things on the same day and today he called and said he was going but would have to be back by 9:30. Impossible!!! I told him. I was not leaving with my medal! He said, I don't think we will have to worry about you getting a medal. (Gee thanks for the encouragement hunny!) But I know that some races give out medals to those that finish so if they do that, I am NOT leaving until I get mine. I have worked hard for this. I told him, never mind, you don't have to go and he said, thank you! and I said, that is just what you wanted to hear isn't it!!!! So I will be going with a friend of mine who was planning on going anyway. My friend who is running with me is going to meet us there so that is not too bad but I really wish my husband cared enough to go. But I won't let that stop me. Then I sent my son an IM at work reminding him that tomorrow was my 5K and I never heard anything back. Isn't the encouragement I get from my family really lovely?? (of course my son could have been busy since he was at work). And my knee is hurting me a little, just started today. But you know what??? I am still going. I am doing this for me, myself and I! Because it makes me feel better and feel like I am accomplishing something that I never, never thought I could do. I have always spent my days on the couch - never exercised in my life until a few years ago. I feel proud to have come as far as I have so I am not quitting now. I just hope my stomach and "anything else" doesn't act up on me. I had a five mile run the other day and I had to use the bathroom the minute I stepped onto the street! Boy! that was hard. I had to finally just walk and not run. I pray that doesn't happen in the morning. I am going to try and relax and make the best of it. I am not out there to win, I am out there to finish and to be able to say I started something and finished it! (althoug the 5K is not the end) I hope my friend will take some pictures. She said she didnt know how to use a camera but I will show her. I was going to get my husband to take some but thats not happening now! I will report back on how it went. I hope to have positive results on my first 5K experience. The registration is at 7 and t he race is at 8. I pre-registered so maybe the registration won't take long. But I have a 45 minute drive to get there. So I will need to be up early. Hope I get some sleep. Hope everyone has a great weekend and I will report back on how it went - good or bad!

No comments:

Post a Comment