MY WEIGHT LOSS PROGRESS

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Random success story (April 15, 2008)

This inspired me and wanted to share it. First Name: Kathleen Age: 34 Family Status: Married Occupation: Teacher Hometown: North Ridgeville, Ohio Pounds or Inches Lost: I have lost 143 pounds! I started at size 24 and now I'm 6/8. Starting Weight: 296 pounds Current Weight: 153 pounds Kathleen's Weight Loss Story! When did you become unhappy with your weight? I was always unhappy with my weight, but I hit "rock bottom" when I saw picture of myself and realized just how big I was. I couldn't believe it was me in the picture. I have two children, and I knew that I needed to be healthy for them! What made you decide to lose weight? My mother told me that she had a great picture of me from a family get-together. I was excited to see the picture, but when I did it hit me that I was HUGE! This was my turning point! What were the most important changes you made to lose weight? Portion control!!! Making sure that I was eating the right portions was key! Also, by using NutriSystem I was able to control my carb intake by eating low glycemic carbs. In addition, eating 5-6 times a day was also a BIG change for me! What was most challenging about losing weight? Having small children and working full time I find it hard to resist the fast food that surrounds us on a daily basis. With my kids they enjoy "kid foods": pizza, chicken nuggets, fries, etc. It was hard to cook that food for them and not "pick" as I prepared their food. At work, it was hard to resist lunch at fast food restaurants and not eating the treats that are always in the teacher's lounge. How long did it take you to start to see results? I starting seeing results right away. Within the first two weeks I had lost 12 pounds! It was amazing. My energy level was up and I could feel my body adjusting to feeling healthy due to the healthy foods I was eating. How long did it take for you to reach your current weight? I took me approximately one year to reach my current weight. How long have you maintained your weight loss and how do you do it? I have been maintaining for the past five months. I continue to eat wisely, 5-6 small meals a day, using the NutriSystem guidelines. I workout daily for at least an hour doing cardio and weights. How has your life changed now that you've lost weight? My life is amazing! I am alive again and I feel beautiful! I love to shop, I smile more, and I laugh more! My boys are enjoying a mother that doesn't get winded and enjoys playing with them now. We are a much more active family! How did ShapeFit help you reach your weight loss goals? When I first found ShapeFit I liked the success stories. I kept thinking, "That could be me". So it helped motivate me. I like seeing that people just like me are able to succeed and make themselves healthy through diet and exercise. Kathleen's Weight Loss Tips! Weight loss tip #1: DRINK WATER!!! You need to drink at least 64 oz of water a day! Weight loss tip #2: Portion Control. Follow the guidelines of what a portion is. Weight loss tip #3: MOVE every day! Walking, swimming, taking the stairs instead of the elevator. Just MOVE!! Weight loss tip #4: Find a buddy! Find someone that can workout with you and support you when you need to. Whether that be a person you work with, or an online chat location... find a support system to help you and to be able to turn to when you need to. Weight loss tip #5: Keep a "fat picture" on your refrigerator or pantry... it will make you think twice before you take anything out!

No comments:

Post a Comment