MY WEIGHT LOSS PROGRESS

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Running Anyone? (February 11, 2009)

I am thinking about starting to run. I think I would love it, if I can ever get started. There is a program at the Y that will supposedly teach you how to run and get you ready for a 5k/10k (I'll stick with the 5K, thank you). I was able to run some last year when we had the NICE treadmill at work but we don't have it anymore. Mine is okay but not as easy to run on as the one at work was. At any rate, I might go to this informational meeting, if I can get up the nerve, and find out about it. It is for beginners and novice runners. You will training for the Cotton Classic 10K although you don't have to run it to take the class.
I know that I could lose more weight and keep it off if I could learn to run and make it a habit. I am also going to start with Robert Ullery's "Couch to 5K" running podcasts. I had downloaded them earlier but did not use them. He tells you when to walk and when to run. You start out walking more than running and then end up running. It is a 9-week course. I didn't care too much for the music that he had on them but I guess if I am serious I can handle the music.
I am 51 years old and I thought I would be too old to start running until I started looking on the internet. There are lots of people who have started at my age and older! Well, lets see what happens. It can't hurt to try. Have any of you starting running recently? If so, let me know how it's going for you. Encouragement would be great! P.S. I lost weight last week as well and am weighing in tomorrow. As of today I have lost a total of 6 pounds since my friend and I started this weight loss effort together for a total of 33 so far. I AM making progress. yeh!

No comments:

Post a Comment