MY WEIGHT LOSS PROGRESS

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Thursday, December 17, 2009

I Think Blogging Might be a Key Element (January 27, 2009)

Beginning Weight - 238 Current Weight - 210 Goal - 140 Height - 5'4" I was reading about Dietgirl.org and the blog she has been writing to lose weight. I decided to see how long it had been since I had written about my struggle with weight loss and I see it has been a while. But at any rate, here I am again. I have a friend and at a New Year's Eve party I laughingly agreed to go to the Y together at 5:30 in the mornings and exercise with her. My mouth said "that sounds great" and my head said, "Yeah right! No way I can get up that early!" But surprisingly I have done just that. We have been getting up and going to the Y to work out three times a week for about a month now. I am so thrilled that we really decided to do this and that I actually made the effort. My friend is not overweight but thinks she is....but no matter. Exercise is good for anyone. And she keeps me motivated. I told her "don't tell me if you are not coming. That way I will think you are waiting on me and I won't jump back in the bed." That trick has worked by the way. I also saw a friend at the Y and when we spoke I told him that I had a hard time getting there that day. I wanted to talk myself out of it. He is all buffed up and muscular and has been working out for years. He told me, "you will do that a lot." Boy! Was I disappointed. I thought that with time that would get better. But if it is still happening to him, I guess it never goes away. There are days when I feel like going and days when I don't. I wish I felt like it every day. But him telling me that has made me realize that it's ok to not want to go as long as I go. And if it is happening years down the road, so what! I still will go. I think I blogged last time about how upset I was about having gained the weight back. And I am still upset but I feel so much better just knowing I am exercising again and trying to do something about it. My weight has not changed since I started back exercising. But I won't let that bother me. I will keep on keeping on like my mantra on my spark blog - Never, EVER Give up! Well, that's it for today my fellow sparkers. Hopefully I can get here more often to write about my struggles. I really do think it helps. MAKE it a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment