MY WEIGHT LOSS PROGRESS

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Thursday, December 17, 2009

July 4th run coming up. (June 29, 2009)

Monday, June 29, 2009 I am going a 5K on July 4th. Weather forecast is rain and showers and high in low 90s. That is not too bad. I want to try and do a run once a month. This past Sat my long run was for 5 miles but my great niece, the love of my life besides my husband, wanted to stay with me so I did not run Sat. morning. We had fun together. Considering they are moving out of state, I could not pass up this opportunity to spend time with her. She is almost four and she is so very cute and special. She really is like my grandchild.
I have got to step up the pace this week and stop making up excuses for not running. I have got to let my left brain stop dictating what I do. I finally got on the treadmill tonight and did 2 miles. Wanted to do more but I am going to try 2 miles every night. I think I read where beginning runners should focus on the time and not the distance. I started out going fast but decided to slow down and just do 30 minutes. I am so surprised at what I am able to do. I never thought I could run steady for 30 minutes at a time! (that is on the treadmill) outside is a different story. I don't know if it is my treadmill or what, but outside is a lot harder than my treadmill. But I believe treadmills are notorious for being incorrect with the mileage and speed I am going. But at any rate, I was indeed moving forward and not sitting down. I feel like any motion for me is good. I feel so good when I am running. And I feel superb when I am finished. I hope I am able to do this always. Oh, did I mention that my son is thinking about running in the half marathon with me? I probably did. That is way cool! The closer it gets the more scared I get. My thoughts become, "can I really do this?" 13 miles is a long way. I was talking with a lady that had said she wanted to run. I told her to come with us on our short run. She said, what is a short run? and I said, it is 3 miles or so. She was shocked. She said, you call that a "short" run?? But to me it is - but I remember when running or even walking three miles was unthinkable to me. Wow, how awesome to be able to look back and see the progress I have made. I plan to continue to progress as long as my body will let me.
MAKE it a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment