MY WEIGHT LOSS PROGRESS

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Thursday, December 17, 2009

No Thanks Wendy's!! (January 28, 2008)

Monday, January 28, 2008 Well, I am overwhelmed. I got so many wonderful and inspiring comments back to me. Thank all of you so much. I am going to make one more rant and then I am going to write out my goals. I am mad! I am mad as hell that I have to be the fat one! Why didn't God make me one of these women who can eat anything and not gain an ounce?? It's not fair! And I get mad that I will have to do this for the rest of my natural born days! There........... I feel better. I really do. Here is a before and after synopsis Before the holidays I was: 1. Counting calories 2. Drinking up to 10 glasses of water or more a day 3. Eating 3 meals and 2 snacks a day 4. Exercising 3-6 times a week. I was walking/running 2-3 miles on my treadmill at home. After the holidays I have been: 1. Not counting calories on spark (I have been playing a guessing game) 2. Drinking almost NO water 2. Eating tons of fast food and sweets, actually WHATEVER I WANTED 3. On some days eating nothing at all thinking that I could starve this weight off! One time I went for a solid week without eating and when I almost passed out I decided that was not a smart thing to do. 3. I have exercised ONE TIME since before Thanksgiving. So...what was my problem again???? duhhhhhhhh! 1. Ok - I drank two glasses of water today 2. I went to the store and bought a diet coke and some Healthy Choice meals. I love the ones with the dessert. It helps with my sweet tooth. No...I did not go to Wendy's. 3. I did a one mile WATP as soon as I got home from work. I didn't even change clothes (I work in scrubs). I did not give myself a chance to change my mind. But the one thing I have decided to do is this - My husband is extremely obese and I have a hard time around him. I want to eat like he does - anything I want, anytime. But last week he started a diet plan so I am going to encourage him and I am going to ask him to do a few things with me. He will probably say no because he has every other time I have asked but I will ask again. 1. I am going to set him down and talk about our weight issues and ask him to encourage me and I will encourage him. 2. I am going to ask him to at least try the WATP DVD with me just one time. (I have begged before and he would not do it). 3. I am going to ask me to make a pack with me that we will BOTH make only healthy choices when we go out to eat. 4. I am not going to purchase any more foods that will temp me. I buy things for my husband and my 2-year-old great niece who I keep a lot and tell myself that I won't eat them..yea right! Besides...they should be eating healthy too. That all sounds like a good plan. And yes, I do have issues that I need to deal with. I know my emotional eating is not just about eating. I have an addictive personality as well. I am a recovered alcohol and addict and have been drug free (including nicotine) for almost 17 years. I have a lot to work on but I know I can do it. I just have to want it as bad as I wanted to stop using drugs I suppose. Once, again, I thank each of you that responded to my plea for help, whether in my blog or in a post. It has really made me stop and think about what I need to do. I may not do it perfect but I still need to DO IT! After all "tomorrow is another day"

No comments:

Post a Comment