MY WEIGHT LOSS PROGRESS

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Three miles and no walk breaks!

I am too thrilled with myself.  Yesterday I ran (on the TM) for 3 miles without having to take a walk break.  Wish I could do that outside but that will come in time, if I keep working at it!  It felt so good.  There was no time when I felt like stopping.  I felt so strong!  It felt so good I might do it again today! 

I remember when I first started trying to run, I could only do about 5 minutes on the TM.  5 MINUTES PEOPLE!  Wow!  I have come a long way! 

I have also lost 10 pounds this month.  I have made up my mind that I CAN DO THIS!   I can't get faster in my running with this extra weight on me.  I am determined to lose all the weight I need, to continue running and racing and be the healthy woman God intended me to be.   I have planned on a 2 pound per week weight loss, so we will see how that goes.  If I do that I will be at goal in September of THIS YEAR!  But I have to remembe that losing weight is not my problem - keeping it off is the problem!  I plan on doing that as well!  Getting it off and KEEPING IT OFF!  Yea baby!  I can do this.  

Thanks to all my friends who encourage me every day!  And remember - if I can do you - YOU CAN DO IT TOO!  My motto is "never ever give up" so I just keep on "keeping on" taking it one day at a time.  And I take it one mile at a time.  When I ran my longest run to date, 14 miles, in preparation for the half marathon, I would run one mile at time.  I did not think, oh my gosh, I have 10 more miles to go, I would think, I have 1 mile to go.  A mile is about 15 minutes for me so I knew I could continue for 15 more minutes.  And so....each 1 mile added up to 14! 

I must be getting faster.  My garmin said I ran a 13 minute mile in my last race.  Best yet!  I'll take that. 

MAKE it a great friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment