MY WEIGHT LOSS PROGRESS

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Friday, January 22, 2010

Cataract surgery over and 5K race coming up

Haven't run since last Sat.  Cataract surgery went great. Don't even need my glasses now.  I have a 5K tomorrow morning; Uplifting Ministries 5K in Jackson, MS.  This will be my first race since the half in December.  I am looking forward to it.  I wish I could get my husband interested but haven't been able to so far.  Two friends and I are going and one of them is running too.  I am sure she will blow past me like a north wind but that's okay too.  I am seriously trying to lose some more weight so I can get better with my speed.  The Galloway Training School that I  participated in last year when I first started running is coming up soon.  I have several friends that are going to the informational meeting to see if they would like to participate.  I want to be an encouragement to others who have throught of running and/or walking but did not feel like they could do it.  The Galloway program makes it so easy! I probably would have given up if I had not been able to take the walk breaks. Eventually I want to run without them but right now I am very grateful for them! 

I will post my race report asap.  Don't get too excited because it will not be anything too spectacular but at least I am up and moving.  Progress NOT perfection is my motto. 

Have a great weekend friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment