MY WEIGHT LOSS PROGRESS

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Overeaters Anonymous



Hi, my name is Betty and I am a compulsive overeater.
I went to OA last night for the first time in a long time. I had joined a while back but did not keep going. I am confident this program will help. With the help of AA I have been able to stay clear from drugs and alcohol for 18 years so I know this program will help because it is based on the priniciples of AA but with food being my addiction. And I have finally come to realize that it is an addition. I AM A COMPULSIVE OVEREATER! There, I said it and I feel better. I can only fix a problem when I know what it is. Oh, I have known a long time but did not want to admit it. I have finally come to terms with the fact that I CAN'T EAT LIKE EVERYONE ELSE. I NEVER WILL BE ABLE TO. ACCEPT IT AND MOVE ON! My soberity date for my compulsive overeating is January 4, 2010. I have not eaten compulively since that date. I have an eating plan and I will stick to it.

~ I WILL eat three healthy meals a day and two healthy snacks.
~ I WILL eat within my calorie range.
~ I WILL continue to run and/or exericse at least three times a week.
~ I WILL make that phone call when I feel weak.
~ I WILL write about my feelings, good and bad.
~ I WILL bypass fastfood until I am sure I can make healthy choices.
~ I WILL do this for the rest of my life ONE DAY AT A TIME.

I feel so good and so confident that I am on the right track. And I plan to stay there. I am sure there will be ups and downs but for some reason I have a great feeling today about this. I am sick and tired of being sick and tired. My brain has finally recognized that this will have to be a lifelong process. I CANNOT do this for a few weeks and then eat compulsively for a few weeks and expect to lose weight. It ain't happening! Praise the Lord for giving me a clear vision about this. I know that as long as I make meetings, use the tools provided to me, be open and honest about my recovery with others and pray always, I can remain confident and I WILL SEE RESULTS! That much I AM SURE OF!

I praise God everyday for the 12 step programs! I would be a basket case without them. They have literally saved my life. And I thank my Jesus for giving me the courage to walk through that door for the first time in my life over 18 years ago. Today I am putting me and my recovery FIRST! I will no longer have any excuses. I won't blame my husband, the situation, the people I am with, etc, etc. . . . .today I will have no excuses. . . . . because there are no excuses.

I know today more than I have ever known - if it is to be, it is up to me! (and God of course)!

MAKE it a great day friends.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Betty,

    Sounds like it was a good week! Let's hear it for 'no more excuses' and taking that first step, and the next one.... Glad you found the Turtles blog and will be running/walking/paying it forward with us this year. Thanks for visiting and following! Here's to winning - in life and in giveaways!

    Hugs from Orlando!

    ReplyDelete