MY WEIGHT LOSS PROGRESS

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Friday, June 24, 2011

Pleased to announce - I ran today!

I am pleased to announce - I ran today!  Woohoo!  It has been about 6 weeks.  I was off work today and I make my mind up last night that I was going to run this morning. I laid out my clothes. I tried to go to bed early but did not make it.  So I told myself, get up early anyway. After your run, if you need to go back to bed, you can.  The alarm went off at 6 and I was out the door around 7 am.  But of course I had the usual morning fight with myself.  I battled around for a few minutes, yes I'm going, no I'm not, yes I'm going - I am sure sure of you know the drill.  I hit the snooze a few times but I finally made myself get up.  I keep telling myself that I would just take it easy. There was no reason to rush.  After all, this was MY run.

Yesterday in my blog I was poor-mouthing about not having anyone to run with.  Well, I decided to ask my friend, Lillie, if she wanted to go and she jumped for joy at the chance.  All I had to say was "let's go bye-bye" and she was at the door waiting to go outside.  Her is a picture of her after we finished our run and she was tired. She hates cameras so I was lucky to get this picture. She usually runs when she sees me pointing my cell phone at her.  I don't take her often because I have to run slower when she is with me but today we made a great pair!  I hope she didn't hear me complaining about having no one to run with.  That might hurt her feelings! lol



I felt great during the run and afterwards and no - I did not have to go back to bed.  I stayed up and made the most of my day.  We have a group run tomorrow morning so I plan to make that as well.  I will probably have to run by myself because no one else is as slow as me. But that's OK.  As long as there are other runners in the vicinity I feel comfortable.  I thought maybe my Garmin wouldn't know how to act after being on the shelf for so long but she cooperated just fine as you can tell from the pic below.


But tonight, I think I will go to bed early. After all, every girl needs her beauty sleep!!

I am feeling better about my weight today and I am looking forward to seeing a loss when I weigh on Monday.  I bypassed the pizza I usually eat on Thursday night and I did not touch one donut that was in our kitchen at work!  Major accomplishment for me!  The more positive choices I make, the better I feel about the whole thing.  I have been talking some with Sean Anderson on Facebook and he is very encouraging and motivating.  It is a joy to have the encouragement of others along this journey.  I don't think I could do it by myself.  If you have not read his blog, just click on his name and it will take you there.  I started reading on day 1 and am up to about day 135.   It's a great read and he is also coming out with a book about his journey from 500 lbs to 230 lbs and I can't wait to read it.

I am going to turn in now because I am a bit tired.  I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. I will post my weigh-in on Monday, good or bad.

Thanks for reading,
Betty

No comments:

Post a Comment