MY WEIGHT LOSS PROGRESS

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Today has been a great day.  I got up at 4 am (can you believe it???) and made it to the track with a few of my running buddies at 5 am.   The more experienced runners were doing speed work but I just did my usual 3 miles.  I don't like running alone so I will go whever there are other runners.  There were about 15 people I believe.  It was nice weather as far as temp goes.  It was extremely foggy though.  It always feels so good to get out there and "just do it"!  Why is it so hard to get out of bed??

I am trying to work on my speed some as well.  But what I do is just run faster than I am accumstomed to during my run segments.  I have lost 13 pounds in the last two months and I can tell.  But what is great is when someone else notices it.  A friend today said, "you have lost some weight haven't you"?  That made my day!   I am also trying to start out slow and pick up the pace.  I seem to start fast like most newbies do.  I guess it is because I am not tired when I get started.  Since I bought my Garmin I have been able to better pace myself.  But still struggle with starting out slow and finishing fast.  Here are my stats for today.

Mile 1 - 15:51 (started out walking with friends)
Mile 2 - 13:43
Mile 3 - 13:54 

Total time was 43.29.  Probably could have done better but I was just happy to be out there!  I know that I will improve as I lose more weight.  Speaking of Garmin - someone told me she had named hers.  Maybe I will name mine. Not sure what. Will have to think of something cute and creative - that may take a while for this brain people!  :)

Anyone who knows me knows I love gadgets.  Well, this is not actually a gadget but I love it just the same.  I got a Road ID.  It is pretty enough to wear all the time and I do.  You never know when I might just take off running.  he he....









Well this is all for today folks.  I am picking up my two great nieces (who are like my grandchildren - I love them that much) and keeping them tonight.  I am trying to encourage them to play more outside, weather permitting, and not stare at the TV so much.  I don't want them to grow up a couch potato like I did! 

Oh BTW - for you Spark people - I just downloaded the spark app for my BB and I am in love!!! I have been waiting a long time for this.  Now I can record my food, water, and exercise ANYWHERE.  No excuses now people!  I will always have my food log with me.  Yea!  (it doesn't take much to excite me). 















No comments:

Post a Comment