MY WEIGHT LOSS PROGRESS

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Friday, March 26, 2010

Race Tomorrow

I have a 5K tomorrow with my daughter.  I'm so excited!  It is going to be fun!  I want to try and PR on this one but we will see.  Training exclusively on flat land makes it hard when I encounter hills on a race.  There are no hills here.  There is a levee and that is one BIG hill and I tackle it sometimes but I am afraid of aggrevating my calf muscle that I tore last year.  That was aweful!  Since starting my spinning class it has bothered me some.  I iced it yesterday, took yesterday as a rest day and also today will be a rest day so maybe it will be okay for race tomorrow.  I have trouble thinking my rest days are as important as my run/race days but I am getting there.  I get into a mode where my thinking tells me if I don't do something today I am failing.  I want to be one of those runners that run every day.  But at my age and being a newbie, that may not be possible right now.  But after this torn calf muscle and the pain involved, I don't want to take any chances and mess myself up completely and can't run at all.  So taking a day off for me is hard sometimes.  I can't believe I just said that!! - pretty good for someone who used to love sitting on the couch and stuffing my face!! 

I started this journey in 2005 at 238 pounds and wanting to los 100 pounds.  I lost 60 pounds then gained back 35 of that.  I have now lost a total of 43 pounds, 15 of that in the last two months since I joined OA.  It's good to have someone along for the journey.  I have been losing it slow but I don't mind.  I want to keep it off for good!!



I will post a race report as soon as I can.  Ha ha - I am writing like someone else really reads this thing!  :)  But that's okay.  I like to be able to look back and see my progress.  So if it gets read by someone else that is cool.  If not - maybe my kids will read it after I'm dead and gone.  :)  At any rate, I hope everyone has a great weekend. 

MAKE it a great day - I know I am! 


No comments:

Post a Comment