MY WEIGHT LOSS PROGRESS

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

DAY 2, MYFITNESSPAL.COM AND FITBIT



This is going to be short and sweet because I just got home from the gym after my grueling workout and I am sore.  It is 8:57 and I still have lots of typing to get done. :)

I did well today on my food.  Around 10 am I walk into the kitchen at work for my snack and this is what I saw: 


But I DID NOT EAT ANY!  I really did not even want them.  I told myself I did not want them, I got what I came to the kitchen for and I did not linger.  And not but  1 time did I even think about them.  Usually that is ALL I THINK ABOUT if I know they are in the kitchen.  Ya for me!!

Calories today 1,225.  

Exercise 
  • 1.5 mile walk at lunch. 

At the gym: 
  • 1 slow lap around the gym.
  • 2 fast laps around the gym.
  • Lots of floor exercises, jumping jacks, lungs etc.  
  • Biceps curl machine - 3 sets of 12 @ 30 pounds.  
  • Chest press machine - 3 sets of 12 # 15 pounds.
  • Ab machine - 77 reps in 2 minutes.  
  • Exercise with a 10 pound ball.
  • Arm exercises with free weights.  
I can't name all of the things we did.  We spent 1 hour and 15 minutes in the gym and my body is feeling it!!!!


I took some Advil because I know I might be a little sore in the morning. This is our last "official" workout with trainer this week.  

I might be going to visit my grandson and I must remember to eat well and exercise while there.  I tend to "let go" when I am at their house but I will make an effect to eat right this time.   

I feel well and confident that I can do this thing - this time!!  

I did get extremely hungry at work but I decided to forego my snack and wait till supper.  I am counting calories and did not want to go over.  

Another little tool I am using is  this website for calorie counting .  They also have an app that I use. I love it because I can just scan the bar code for all of my food and it is entered in.  It is so easy to use and not time consuming like some of the other I have used.  

I am also using the Fitbit.  I love this little tool.  It is like a pedometer but a whole lot more.  It counts may steps, my calories burned, any flights of stair I might climb.  It is a really cool little tool.  It  is small and clips onto my pants at the waist or I can even just carry it in  my pocket. I LOVE IT.   It is so bad that I almost have to come back home if I forget it when I leave for work!  Here is a pic.  
So here are my stats for my Fitbit today:

10,906 steps
4.57 total miles traveled 
2,245 calories burned

I don't rely too heavily on the calories burned on this but that does include my TOTAL calories for the WHOLE DAY and not just when I was exercising.  Believe it or not, we burn calories just by breathing but not too many.  :)

So there you have it.  All in all, today was a good day.  I am sure not all days will be this good but I will enjoy them while I can.  

Maybe this wasn't so short after all.  At any rate, I must get back to work.  Please continue to pray for me and if you stop by and read my blog please leave me some love (encouragement).  I need all the help I can get.  

Today's quote is from Jillian Michaels:

Why are you choosing failure when success is still an option?  

It's time for a change.....

Betty 

No comments:

Post a Comment