MY WEIGHT LOSS PROGRESS

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Day 55. Hanging in there.



Today is day 55 of when I started my healthy eating plan and I am only 6 pounds down ..but hey...that is 6 POUNDS!  It could be better no doubt but I am not going to beat myself up about it.  I will just do the next right thing, as my husband so lovingly likes to say.

I have been to the gym 4 days in a row - woohoo!  I have decided I would try to do at least an hour of some type of exercise every night.   Monday I ran on the treadmill, Tuesday I did the elliptical, Wednesday I ran on the treadmill and tonight I did the elliptical for 4.27 miles in 60 minutes and burned 569 calories!  Way to go!!  And of course I feel so great when I exercise - don't understand why I stop sometimes.

I have been counting calories as well.  Some days are good and some are bad but with the exercise I have been doing I have been consistently under my calorie budget. Today I even passed on donuts at work!   Major accomplishment!!!

I am proud of myself for being consistent for the past 4 days. That is one thing I have NEVER been able to do or lets say, I CHOSE not to do.

I also registered for the St. Jude Half Marathon tonight.  Man - I'm going all out huh! ! !   I missed the "regular" registration so I had to register as a "Hero" and I had to agree to raise at least $500 for ST. Jude.  I think running the half marathon BY MYSELF is going to be easier than raising this money.  I have never been good about asking people for money.  But lets just say this will be another fear I will walk through.  That is what we talked about tonight at Celebrate Recovery - walking through fear.  And I have done a lot of walking through fear in my lifetime - so why stop now? he he...

I am saddened that my mom will not be there as she has been with me both times when I did St. Jude.  It will be painful without her but I know she will be cheering for me from heaven.  What a seat she will have this year!!!  The best seat in the house.

I have not reported my weight lately and I will do that on Monday, my "official" weigh day.

It is getting late and I definitely need my beauty sleep, so I will close for now.  I hope all of you are doing well and making healthy choices along your journey - whatever that journey may be.  Just remember that you are not alone and together we can do this thing!

Thank you for reading and as always I am,
Making healthy choices -  one day at time,
Betty

1 comment: