MY WEIGHT LOSS PROGRESS

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Friday, April 30, 2010

Moving Up To Positive Land and Staying There!



May is here.  Where did April go?  

April was good for me as far as weight loss and I did start a new exercise...spinning and I love it!  I do that twice a week and run three times a week.  My original plan was to lose 2 pounds a week making me hit my goal weight by September 25th but that ain't happening.  And that is okay.  I wish it was better but any progress is okay with me.  I hope to make May a better month.  I am excited to see how I do in the St. Jude Half Marathon in December of this year.  Hopefully I will be much lighter by then and maybe my time will be better.

I have a 10K tomorrow here in my town.  The only race we have here!  My son and DIL are coming up to run it also.  Should be fun.  It is threatening rain and bad weather.  I don't mind the rain, I just hope it isn't too bad.  This will be only my second 10K and I hope to pr over my last one.  But, if I don't, that's okay too.  I am not a very competitive person.  Sure, I would love to win but I am also a realist and I know that winning is not in it for me and I am okay with that.  I have so much fun and I feel so good that it doesn't matter about that.  Just to know that I am a "runner" and am competing is a wonderful thing.  I love it when someone says, "you ran 6 miles??? Wow!!"  I remember saying that to other people before.  Now they are saying it to me.  Never in a million years did I ever think I would hear those words said to me.  I am so proud of me for finally doing something positive in my life.  Well, ANOTHER positive thing I guess.  Being clean and sober was the first positive thing I attempted.  And I have almost 19 years of clean and sober.  Wow!  If you are not an alcoholic or addict you might not understand how it feels to be sober and not living that horrid life I used to live. And the sad part is, I lived it by choice!  But not anymore baby!!! This woman is moving up to positive land and staying there.  What a joy to know that God loved me so much that when I asked for help he gave it to me.  He removed my obsession for alcohol, drugs, anb nicotine and now he is helping me with my food.  AA, NA, and OA have been lifesavers for me.  Literally.  I was slowing drinking, drugging, and eating myself to death!  Praise God for a spiritual awakening!

Praise God for positive people in my life, for my online Spark friends, and my family who loved me through it all.  They never gave up on me and neither did God.  For that I will be eternally grateful!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment